some vacation!

When you're a rural telecommuter, being locked out is a lonely business.

Friday, September 02, 2005

musings on trivialities

OK. the promised "hard" content will come to the blog soon... but this is still supposed to be my vacation time, so I'm waiting until next week to knuckle down.

with this unexpected gift of time stretching out ahead of me, my aim is to do all those little things I've been putting off for weeks, months, or in some cases, years. As long as I don't have to spend a dime on them, of course.

since Tuesday I've canned 19 jars (12L) of applesauce, made new covers for the kids' floor cushions, cleaned the fish-tank, dyed some old bath towels with real indigo (which smells remarkably like cat-pee) and had 2 band rehearsals for a gig we've got coming up Sunday night. I did mountains of laundry. I cut the lawn. I read all of Harry Potter #1 and a good chunk of #2 to 6-year-old Nate. I thought about canning the peaches, plums and pears - thankfully, they are still under-ripe (basil and tomatoes are calling from the garden, however). I planned my kitchen reno - again. I've enjoyed (free) film festival screenings at the local drive-in and in the famous Symphony Barn up the road. I've played a lot with Lola, the new kitten.

I've also spent an indecent amount of time in my bathrobe.

You know, this could be the perfect life if someone paid me to do it...

OK, settle down, I do want to get back to work soon... really.

No, REALLY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home