some vacation!

When you're a rural telecommuter, being locked out is a lonely business.

Friday, September 30, 2005

jiggety jig

I froze my hard, increasingly skinny ass off doing my circles on the pavement yesterday. I'm beginning to have anxious fantasies about huddling around burning barrels if this goes on much longer.

Guessing when this will be over is a mug's game. Now that there's a news blackout on the negotiations going on in Hull, I've only got 2 factoids to go on:

1 - apparently Susan Marjetti and Rob Renaud announced this morning that they will only be on air until next Friday. That can only mean one of two things: people on the inside expect there will be a deal and ratification by then (a brazen assumption), or, another team of managers is poised for an on-air run (what a way to create false hope in the audience).

2 - the freakalicious Mysterion said at the end of his Simcoe Park show on Wednesday that we're gonna get a deal today. Come on, folks - we all saw what he can do. I may not want him at my house for supper, but the dude bends metal with with his mind. I have only one question: why isn't HE mediating for us?

6 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm putting my faith in Mysterion. He's got better hair.

You don't want to live the burning barrel fantasy -- that smell never goes away, literally or symbolically.

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, hello, NO.

Susan and Rob said no such thing this morning. You're on glue and/or your sources are. In fact, Susan hasn't said anything on the air for seven days now. Janice Stein is the current host with Rob.

Thank you and good day sir. (Yes, I know you're not a sir. But I still really, really like Marcie from the Peanuts gang and that's all that really matters.)

Love Me.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Philly M said...

Nope, no glue for me. A neighbour said he thought he heard them say it this morning - which is why I called it a factOID...not a fact.

Mysterion's hair IS on glue, however.

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me crazy...but I like facts better. There are so many factOIDS out there already. Factoids are so 1973. Facts are crunchy and go well with milk. Mysterion goes well with milk too. I know, I've tried. Okay, that's a lie. He bent my spoon before I could get a taste. Damn you, Mysterion!

Love Me.

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was right about the deal!!!
The great mind has spoken
Muahahahaha!!!
And it's V05 Mega hold hairspray,
the glue is in my paper baggy....eerrr... nevermind LOL

All the best

Mysterion

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Philly M said...

ah, Mysterion. VO5? That takes me back - it's so very 1984 (hey, it was a brief goth phase, I outgrew it). It took years before that smell went away.

You could have supper at my place any time, but you have to promise to leave the cutlery alone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home