some vacation!

When you're a rural telecommuter, being locked out is a lonely business.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

black magic woman

I might as well continue with the only vaguely content-related references to pop songs from the 70's...

Here's an observation I forgot to note last week: I actually wore the nail polish off my toes doing the picket stroll. The polish rubbed clear away in the middle, making my toenails look like little buff-and-bronze picture frames, or TV screens, if you prefer.

The lock-out tee-shirt I made last week (to avoid having to wear a sandwich-board) will, upon retirement, find new life as part of an art exhibit. I was wearing it when a professor on sabbatical from OCAD asked if I might donate it to her upcoming show about art and activism. I'm happy to oblige - I certainly hope I'll never have to wear it again... and hope to be rid of it soon.

In other news, I had an odd weekend. Some highlights: on Friday afternoon, a crow landed on my head, and on Saturday, I was electrocuted by my stove when I lifted a pot lid. I think it must be payback time for that fantasy I had about tripping Richard Stursberg in the lunch line.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Justin Beach said...

Maybe it's payback for NOT tripping him?

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Philly M said...

HA!

thanks, made me laugh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home